Thread: car shows???
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: car shows???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingski View Post
Hearing all this is horrible. I live in the Pacific Northwest and even though things have changed, I still feel that most people in Oregon, Washington, and Northern California still show respect and are considerate at car shows. Am I wrong? I notice things and I’ve seen a very few people who have touched a car that had a “Do Not Touch” sign on them, but that has been very seldom and with respect.

I want to hear from others who live in this area about this situation. I’m going to Crescent City, California to a car show on October 6 and 7, and I’m going to ask the car owners if they’re running into this crap. I hope that I don’t hear all this negativity from them. I’ve always believed that an open-air car show was a place to share your pride and joy and let others see what cars were like and how amazing they were.

I hope you understand how upset these responces have made me feel. And hey, a little kid touching a beautfiul car with a “Do Not Touch” sign on it is a wonderful way for an adult to teach that child what not to do.

Mike in Southern Oregon
Mike,

You shouldn't have any problems in Crecent City, CA or southern Oregon. They are still rural and as H. L. pointed out, the main problems are in more urban areas.

There used to be a lot of rural areas in Southern California but now we have a lot of people from out of state. Many people do things they wouldn't do in their home towns. You have to be assertive. It's your car and you should not be afraid to let people know when they are crossing the line.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote