View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #8
Keith True

Default Re: I'm new to Model A's, need help.

If I remember right you are about a couple hundred miles from me.That puts you roughly 150 miles from the Pine Tree chapter.Or,at least the guys I know of in it.I used to row a truck all over Maine,and Orland comes to mind as 12? 20? miles due south of Bangor.We are having a lot of swap meets around here,but it is almost all street rod stuff.The only A stuff I am seeing is what rodders have taken off their cars,and none of it seems to be fairly priced,never mind a bargain.Amherst will be re-opening next Sunday,but after gabbing with a couple dozen guys at a show today it sounds like they are starting off on the wrong foot.They doubled the fee to get in,and EVERY guy I talked to today says they won't be going.After paying $5.per car to park,for the last 30 years or more,it's really rubbing people the wrong way to set the price at $10.Even though it's a bargain because you only pay parking,not per person fees,it just ticked people off.There was a rumor about per person fees,but it seems to be just that,a rumor.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote