View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 01:28 AM   #37
KULTULZ

Unhappy Re: '54 / '55 Fordomatic ID ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post

You're right I didn't find it in the '55 shop manual and don't have the '56 version. But I did find the adjustment procedure on page 2-89 in the '57 Shop Manual. That's what I'm hoping will do it.

Tinkering with it today but I have other plans tomorrow and the weather is supposed to go bad Saturday and Sunday. So a test drive may have to wait until next week.

In the meantime, if it's raining or snowing, more jackstands are here now and I'll try getting the car high enough to have a look at the ID plate on the transmission.

They had the car for a couple days a few months ago, said they made some adjustments (but no difference I could notice) and that they were really busy.
If the rebuild shop was not able to adjust the linkages properly, it is because of a reason(s), (or they were incompetent and/or uncaring)..

If you keep fiddling with it by trying this and trying that, eventually the trans will burn, especially its being air cooled.

When it shakes and vibrates @ take-off, it is telling you something.

CHANCES ARE ... Get 'em Johnny Rivers ...

The shop could not get the pressure set correctly as the car has the wrong linkages and could not arrive at the correct geometry. Either realizing or not realizing, they got it close (hand grenades) and drove her out.

Why a volume shop does not offer services on an older car. No TECH INFO and no easy parts source.

PASS CAR and BIRD linkages are not the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l2000.jpg (76.8 KB, 2 views)

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...

Last edited by KULTULZ; 02-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote