Thread: Car shows
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #105
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Car shows

[QUOTE=BILL WILLIAMSON;1623244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
The best Model A Ford show in the Midwest that I have attended is Sharon Model A Day in Sharon, Wisconsin. Always the first Sunday in June. They draw some other pre-war antique cars too, several early V-8's and a few others.

No trophies, no fees, no bravado just a day of fun. People dressed up in 1920's attire, good chow, (Lions Club I believe it is has a nice dinner) or there are pizza places along main street or sandwiches and a nice swap meet I've bought number of items there. And the Rockford A's put on 'shows' in the middle of main Street one year 'FDR' was there he was very good There have been bank robberies and the local 'police' in a '30 Roadster swing in and in a gun duel arrest the bad guys. A live band plays era music, a newsboy in knockers walks around selling a paper,,,,, all kinds of neat stuff if you haven't been there try to make it!!
Jeff,
KNOCKERS are whut the GURLS EXHIBIT!!!---Oh, to be YOUNG AGAIN!!-----
Bill Watcher
Bill you be right Is that why leaded gas was developed, to reduce knock(ers) and pings at summer car shows? No one wants to see a young boy in knockers I think I said that wrong!

Hey, remember the old joke about why Micheal Jackson was so excited the big sale at JC Penny? He heard the boy's jeans were half-off.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote