Thread: 215 85 16s
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #8
OldDad

Default Re: 215 85 16s

Are you guys running these on four-inch rims? Don't know exactly when the rims got wider, as my experience ends at 1940.

Looking at tires for my '40 coupe, and shaking my head at the price and apparent poor quality of many of the bias-ply options (without mentioning names), and price and shipping on the obvious bias-look alternative.

Want something I can drive on without thumping down the road, or wearing out in 3500 miles.

Seems like asking a lot. Well, Pirelli is reproducing the Stella Bianca bias-ply 600-16 they made from 1927 to the early '50's, which is V speed rated (149 mph). Same high price, but perhaps will balance and roll smoothly down the road.

Not too early Ford traditional, but neither were the 195/80/16 Bridgestone Ecopia electric car tires, which have apparently been discontinued. Never had those, but they were a viable alternative at one time.

Anyway, sorry to stray from your original post Gary, but we're definitely on the same page on keeping our heaps rolling. Just would like to know if you are running those tires on 4 inch rims. More appropriate on your woodie, but beats sitting in the garage on baloney skins!
OldDad is offline   Reply With Quote