Thread: '34 Barn Find
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #9
34fordy

Default Re: '34 Barn Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE O View Post
And the way it is going to be preserved as original as is puts the icing on the cake!
This story is so interesting to me as my car has nearly the same story. Except that a few mice had taken up residence. I did not find it in the barn but the fellow I bought it from had not washed the bird poop, dust, leaves or cleaned the floor. His intention was to keep it "as found". He had a body man dolly out a couple small dents in the fender and got it to run, "somewhat".
I decided it needed a washing and it polished up quite well except for the front fenders. The front seat cushion needed a cover and the floor got a piece of used carpet. Tuned it up and made it driveable. I really enjoy the car in it's "oldness" as do so many people that see it. The old smell and all the rattles just enhance the experience. I would not change anything to make the car like new. If the next owner wishes to do something different it will be his or her choice. I enjoy and appreciate the restoration work that other enthusiasts are capable of. Those cars are absolutely beautiful!
34fordy is offline   Reply With Quote