View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 08:07 PM   #6
Ranchero50

Lightbulb Re: Swap meet etiquette / Luray

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
Anyone have etiquette tips?
I haven't been to Luray yet but generally...

Make a list of what you need, what you want, and anything specific (part numbers, reference stuff etc.) Walk around your projects while doing it.

If it's expensive or rare ask before picking it up.

Be wary of stuff on the ground, try to avoid stepping on stuff.

Engage the sellers. It's a long day as a seller watching people walk by.

Want to buy or price something but don't know who to pay? Hold it up on the air and look around.

Try to avoid offering stupid low pricing. Asking how much they need for it usually get's you there quicker and both can decide the value.

Dress for the weather. Layers and pockets are your friends. Small bookbag helps for water etc.

Take a copy of your favorite resto catalog for price referencing. Google helps too if you are unsure.

If a smaller show make another pass or two. You'd be surprised at what you missed the first time through.

#1 tip is remember to have fun and don't expect more than the show may deliver. Even a bad show is better than most of 2020.

I got told I'm working Wednesday and Thursday nights 7pm-7am for emergency coverage so I may make the run down Friday afternoon if I feel up to it. Kind of a bummer but I'm at a good place on my projects.