View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #36
rotorwrench

Default Re: I did not know that......

I have a relatively recent Echlin catalog (Dec 2009). The MA series of caps all appear to be for Mallory products including the crab caps. The MA5 with MA7 rotor are listed to fit the Mallory YC and ZC distributors. The MA9 low profile cap doesn't list what it fits or what rotor works with it but it may be a marine engine version since it is not vented. The MA11 crab type cap also lists that it fits the YC and ZC type distributors but it would likely have to have different hold down clips and the fit may have been different for those type mallory distributors. I suppose the NAPA photo could be wrong. The MA1 cap appears to be the replacement part for the Ford crab type cap of 1942 but that number is FA65. The difference appears to be the color. The MA8 looks to be for a later type V8 distributor but it doesn't list which one. It may be for boat motors since it is also non vented and sealed.

The YC was likely the most common. The ZC actually had a vacuum brake set up and a person doesn't see these very often but they are out there,

Last edited by rotorwrench; 06-22-2021 at 11:52 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote