View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:27 AM   #53
Clem Clement

Default Re: The retruckification of my 38 starts.

I took my '39 Peekup for a 90 mile run yesterday to the Damascus cruise in. he did swell. We replaced the 35 tranny with a '37 case with '39 gears. No more squealing in third gear!(The old setup the uni was loose, the uni scraped the ball housing and the end shaft had 1/2inch forward/back play. Dunno why as yet but it lays in a pile waiting for me to study it. At the eV-8 National here ai grabs a pair us used rear shocks. my left was shot so now the ride is better. He still has a "Dutch roll" which keeps me on my toes. Heater valve is closed but the heater still heats on long runs. I"ll loop the hoses next. He bucks a little on acceleration so the pot will get a redo. At the show he was loved for the originallness of the wrinkles and patinas. They loved my clock which is on the front right hupcap. (PITA as when I stop I have to jack up the front to rotate the time to get the cardinal point at the top). The battery meter has always showed a bit low. After the trip it showed in the normal range. Strange gauge. The womens were back screamin for a ride...I run 'em off as I was busy. The trip back took 2 hours bumper to bumper in DC traffic. I sweat off a couple of pounds. I'm learning how to drive the truck better. I'm 6'2" so I need to turn my right foot 45 degrees to the side to get reach the support stud and gain better clutch engagement. That action is getting better. The clutch still chatters a bit on engagement (Anti chatter rods very tight.) All in all a great day on the road!!!
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote