View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #18
rotorwrench

Default Re: Timber under cab

The best way to put it is that they are very similar and with some small changes, they can interchange from one year model to another but I can't tell with any certainty of the trucks versus the lighter duty pickups. The trucks had a longer ladder type frame than the lighter 1/2 thru 1 tons. An there were two frames for the lighter ones due to wheel base differences. There have been some threads about the cab wood on the Ford Barn before but I can't find them to find what year models they were about. The jail bar trucks just aren't as popular as the earlier types and the 42 models are scarce unless you find the wartime military trucks that had the G 6-cylinder engines. They may have had to boost the cab up higher on the frame to get the proper wheel to fender clearance. I've found more pictures of G8T militarty trucks and SnoGo trucks than I have the civilian models as far as restoration stuff. Chuck's Trucks may be someone you could call. He restored the 4WD Marmon Herrington conversions and he may have done some restorations on them. Some of them may have been the larger trucks.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 08-28-2019 at 07:12 PM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote