View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Tom Endy

Default Re: Clutch Replacement

Clutch disks with spring centers replaced the original solid clutch disks many years ago. The original spring replacements were made by Nova and they were a good quality clutch with the six springs well secured with retainer flanges. A number of years ago the Nova Company went out of business and an inferior clutch disk appeared on the market. Most suppliers today offer a clutch disk that have the six springs poorly secured. I have seen and heard of a number of them failing when a spring became dislodged and jammed the clutch.

Recently Bratton's has been offering a clutch disk that is very good quality much like the Nova clutch. As far as I know they are the only supplier offering it. I would recommend you purchase your clutch disk from Bratton's.

The series of photos show a Nova clutch (the one with the pilot shaft inserted), a poor quality clutch (the one without retainer flanges around the springs), a Bratton clutch (the one similar to the Nova clutch), and an original Ford clutch (without springs).

Tom Endy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020454.jpg (94.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg P1020453.jpg (76.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg P1020455.jpg (74.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Quality clutch.JPG (43.5 KB, 70 views)
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote