View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #20
GaryU.

Default Re: 1941 Convertible- 10,000 Original Miles !!!

Hope you guys don't mind if I add a little more information to this thread this morning. A simple google search led me to the obituary of Miss Sarah Elizabeth Wright , the original owner of this car. Details included that she was born in 1922 in Chicago and grew up as an only child in Highland Park, Illinois. That area is north of Chicago along Lake Michigan and is quite affluent overall (I lived there for a few years in the early 1990's on the not so affluent side of the street). During and shortly after World War 2 she attended 3 universitys graduating from Northwestern in 1948 where she was a teacher till the early 1950's when she moved with some friends to Door County, Wisconsin. The obit. states that given her business acumen she didn't take long to open multiple businesses in the area and lived the rest of her life in Wisconsin pasing away in 2017. To quote a part of the obituary ""She loved her collections and only sold her vintage Ford convertible a few years ago" which says to me that the car must of been very significant in her life. It would be great if we could get the rest of the story about the car and if she indeed was the original owner (I think she was) but don't know if that is possible anymore. So referring to her as a teacher is indeed true but there was a lot more to her life later. Never married and no children according to the obituary. GaryU.
GaryU. is offline   Reply With Quote