Thread: T5 advice
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 11:44 AM   #20
sshep

Default Re: T5 advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Love to make things. I think that;s alost art, or ! People have alot of money.
Gramps

I love to make things too, Ron. When I was young I didn't have a lot of money but I did have time to do/make things.

The reality is, like it or not, I have been on this earth longer than I am going to be. I don't have as much "time" anymore so to speak. I worked hard for many years and sacrificed some hobbies to get where I am. Not that I have a lot of money but I definitely have more than when I was younger. Soooo, I would rather spend "money" on certain things to move the projects along than spend "time" if that makes sense.

That said, I did not buy a new Tremac TKX. I have both the aforementioned S-10 and Camaro NWC T-5's. I was intrigued to say the least by Dick's excellent, detailed, write up on the T-5 closed drive conversion. After re-reading his write up multiple times and other related posts/articles, I did obtain the additional parts required to do that conversion as well. I purchased these parts, including the necessary adapter from a gentleman who makes them. To be honest I don't have the machines to make the adapter anyway.

FYI the required CJ Jeep T-5 parts for the closed drive conversion are not going to be easy to find. Not only are they being sought after by us but Jeep guys and other O/T car guys use them as well.

I am familiar with T-5's from my time working at a Ford dealership in the early to mid 90's, so I will do the work myself. I do think that for most buying Gary's or another suppliers T-5 kit is the way to go. As stated it is a complete kit and he/they can supply the S-10 trans if needed as well. He has a lot of them out there and a lot of very happy customers.

You can't take any of it (money or stuff) with you. So if there is something you want to buy, and it won't sink the ship getting it, go for it! We are only here for a little while, so might as well enjoy the ride.
sshep is offline   Reply With Quote