View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 06:06 AM   #3
oldandtired

Default Re: 35-37 ford pickup question

Based upon just looking at the gauge setup, the 35 and 36 have three holes for the instruments, a large one in the center for the speedometer and a smaller one on each side of the speedometer for the other gauges. The 37 pickup has two equal size dash holes, one for the speedometer and another for the instruments which went to a cluster in 37. I have not personally seen a 35-37 half ton with no glove box nor have I personally seen a 35-37 1 1/2 ton with no glovebox although I have seen quite a few with the glovebox door missing. The 35 and 36 cabs have one piece windshields. The 37 has a two piece windshield but if it is missing, the two hole dash is a quick giveaway. To tell a 35 from a 36 cab, the quick way is as Kerk posted. The bottom of the windshield post on the 35 is flat where it joins the cowl and the 36 curves at the bottom where it joins the cowl. There are other differences between the three years of cabs but the major differences in the windshield glass and posts along with the number of dash holes make for pretty quick and easy identification.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote