View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #20
Birchwood

Default Re: Thoughts on Hershey

I can see both sides, I have only been to hershey a few times but I was hooked after the first time. I would meet up with a couple of guys from here and we would search the fields. Dave was a guy that had been into model a's since a very young age and had a knowledge that was unbelievable, and he educated me as we walked around. We lost him to cancer a few years back and honestly that's what I looked forward to the most , spending time and learning from a master.
This year my wife and I made reservations and was going for the week and a couple of weeks before we were to leave we had an illness in the family and could not go. I am already looking forward to going next year. Its a little over 600 miles from here but to me its worth it. I seen things I never seen before and things I will probably never see again. I met a lot of fine folks and even seen Wick a couple of times and wanted to introduce myself but he was busy, next year Wick.
I guess what I am trying to convey is there is a wealth of knowledge and experience at Hershey each year and to newcomers like me it is well worth the time and money. The most important thing I learned is buy what you need when you see it, look for bargains on Friday.
Birchwood is offline   Reply With Quote