View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 05:45 AM   #40
Growley bear

Default Re: Alternative Fuels in a Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
sadly yes - theres a reason our European friends can have small efficient 3-4-6-8 cyl diesel engines in cars that get 40-80mpg all day long. even thier gas engines are well ahead of ours.

If they wanted to we would be driving 100mpg cars by now. Heck my 1980 full carb no computer iron head/block vacuum advance chevette gets 40mpg on the interstate and 32 mixed...thats screaming at 3100 rpm at 65mph...

37 years ago we didnt have fuel injection, variable valve timing, infinite mpg engine braking, cylinder deactivation, carbon fiber, aluminum car panels, aluminum blocks (ok we did but were disastrous - need not mention Vega...) and im still getting better mpg than half the economy cars out there today...

my new 2017 truck is all knowing and sends me via email, onstar, and my dealer a health report of itself every month... I can see my driving habbits, hard stops, hard acceleration when and how many times...also can remote unlock, lock, check current fuel in the tank, current tire psi, and average mpg anywhere in the world via phone or PC...it needs to be less "informative" to me and everyone...
BIG brother is watching.
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote