View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #31
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Alternative Fuels in a Model A

When I hear talk like this, and articles announcing the end of gasoline powered cars and electric taking over, etc. I think back to the fall of 1973 when I was working in the local Sunoco gas station.

The big news was that oil was running out, OPEC was shutting us off due to the 1973 Israeli War, we'd all be out of gasoline in just a few short years, prices will go thru the roof IF you can get the stuff,and on and on. And on.

Did that ever happen?? No.

Antique car and muscle car friends were worrying, saying 'we need to ditch these things before they are worthless.' I knew some that actually did just that.

Volvo announcing what they did last week.... maybe maybe not. Pie in the sky Green talk as far as I'm concerned. Basic battery technology is the same today as it was with the 1913 Baker Electric. And every time you re-charge a battery it loses some 'life' they get weaker over time.

No, unless someone can build a GOOD electric vehicle and it hasn't been done yet, you can bank on petroleum being the main fuel source.

And one more thing, always follow the money that is what drives all of this. In reality, Govt. hates fuel efficient cars and electric cars unless they can put extra taxes on them, like the 'tax you pay per mile' that has been kicked around in the past. Today's cars with satellite linkage and your tattle tale 'smart' phone will keep tabs on how many miles you are driving.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote