View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #102
sturgis 39

Default Re: Is There An Electrician In The House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
Come to think of it, I did have a 6 Volt battery load test good and it turned out it was bad; it had me fooled. Drove me nuts. But having said that , a load test is the only way to go, just surface voltage readings without a load equiv. of the starter tell very little.
I agree. I have an old load tester and use it all the time. It will read the voltage of the battery and some time the voltage is good and then when you apply the load the battery fails.

Mrs Sturgis had trouble with her 95 Chevy Blazer battery. We were going to purchase a new battery at Wal Mart. I had them test the battery. They had a fancy load tester that also measured the temperature of the battery. The Tire, Lube Express employee said the battery was no good. I noticed the battery cable was loose. The battery cable was wiggled and we went home. I tested the battery at home an it tested good. The battery is still working great and is about five years old.

Mrs Sturgis was sure that I was wrong and that we should have bought a new battery. I am sure that if the battery fails in two years that she will tell me, we should have bought a new battery two years ago. It is hard to win sometimes. I think a sense of humor is probably one of the most important things in a relationship.

Six volt batteries do not seem to last as long as 12 volt batteries. I think about three years is the end of a six volt battery.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)