View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #10
Duckfarmer27

Default Re: Lloyd Young Car Auction Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I was there to try to buy back a car I had sold to Lloyd but I would have needed the German Army to get me close to the auctioneer. Auctioneers should ask non-bidders to clear a path.
You need to make sure you can 'yip' - give a yell to get the auctioneer's attention, especially if he is not using any ring men. All you have to do is get noticed once - unless the auctioneer is totally incompetent he will keep you in the running on the bids. You can't be bashful. And as far as asking people to move out - you never know who is going to stick up their hand. Don't want to insult potential bidders.

On the other hand are those on the ego trips who like to wave both arms continuously so as to be noticed while running up a bid. Related to the buyers being 'stroked' by ring men/women on the televised auctions. Those are the ones I like to chuckle at. But I guess the minute of televised fame is worth the price, at least to them. And it increases the sale price, to the benefit of the auctioneer/company/seller so I can't blame them one bit.
Reminds me of the scene in the movie Pretty Woman when getting the sales gals to 'suck up'.

Dale
Duckfarmer27 is offline   Reply With Quote