View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
edhd58

Default It is so hard to get anyone to do anything

I had to take the front seat out of my car.

The seat cover has shifted terribly bad after only a few rides.
I found a local upholsterer that several people told me was good and took the seat to him. This was in January.
I picked up the seat, NOT DONE, Friday.
He kept putting me off saying he just got behind and couldnt get caught up. Funny thing, everything there wasnt there when I dropped my seat off.
Basically what it is, he priced himself too cheap and then had money making jobs come in so he put me off till I got fed up and took my seat back. He was supposed to sew the sping pockets and fix the edge wire that was broken, (NOT FIXED BY THE FIRST GUY) and a couole other thngs for $175. like I said earlier -- priced too cheap.
The problem is the springs in the seat. Its a 42 front seat bottom and all the springs are supposed to be in their own pocket, time consuming work. Anyway, I have done some research and found I can replace all the springs with modern ones and only have 30 springs instead of nearly 80. I also wont have any weak springs or any of the other issues that go along with 75 year old inspiring

I have the springs, edge wire and necessary stuff to do the work ordered $146. Now to find someone that will do the work needed after I replace all teh springs.
edhd58 is offline   Reply With Quote