View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #8
roy green coupe

Default Re: My Mitchell synchro trans experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
What I find amazing is why anyone would throw $2,000 at a tranny with NO 1st gear synchro. Apparently they never shift into 1st while rolling? I tried a vehicle with a Mitchell for about 10 miles in city stop-go traffic. Hated it for that reason.

You are absolutely correct about their lack of fitting the assembled tower they send to the box. A few simple Go / NoGo fixtures in their shop would fix this before it went out the door.

As to the plastic (likely nylon) fork fingers, this is common on many transmissions and if you are a constant city traffic shift banger you may only get 10,000 miles out of a set. Likely will last the 1st owner's lifetime in an A.
I agree this could easily be fixed before shipment. Somewhere along the process a decision was made to simply let it go. Let the customer figure it out. There is really no excuse . This is not good business and insults the customer. No amount of good customer service can compensate for lack of quality control. The best products don't need warranty repairs.
roy green coupe is offline   Reply With Quote