View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #13
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: 1930 A, generator with regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Hi Mark....... I've heard the guys that use the Fun Projects regulator have excellent luck with it.

I run Tom Wesenberg's Electronic Voltage Regulater with a diode cutout (you have to snip a small wire off of the EVR if you do, Tom has a diagram and explains it all) and I really really like that. You can run an original cutout too if you wish and not snip the wire.

Stock 6V POS ground, the EVR acts like an alternator, charges about 2-3 amps at idle and speed and it bounces right back to that when you pop the headlites on.

Your battery will love you for it. I run the Farm and Fleet $39 six volt batteries and they last for years with this setup.

Good luck with winter coming on in Alaska, you will have a lot of nite driving coming at you

Here is a link to a site that has the info you would like to know about Tom's regulator (and generators in general), I'm sure if asked he will tell you how to use it with the generator you have, Due to restrictions on this site you will have to replace the ".net" with ".com",

https://www.vintagefordforum.net/for...r-installation