View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #16
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: What's your average trip, and furthest distance traveled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
I am curious if the 30 mile radius is pretty common, or if you all generally go further distances. If so, what trips do you make, also, do you take supplies?
This makes me re-analyze your question. I hope you are not attempting to gain TRUST in your vehicle to make longer trips based upon other members who have same or similar cars.
You gain trust in your car by knowing your own car, not necessarily what someone else's similar car is capable of, although I can see where you should be able to use this as a baseline for performance if these cars were all fresh off the showroom floor.
I know that my car could run clear down to Texas if I wanted to go, but I put every nut and bolt in it and I know I've got all the bugs worked out.
So I would have no fear in attempting to take the trip. I trust it. It is a product of my own labor, piece by piece. I happen to be a little bit OCD, perfectionist.
Questions I would ask might be; do you trust your Pertronix ignitor? Any indications of engine overheating? Carburator or other components of the fuel system maybe not quite up to snuff? Etc, etc...
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote