View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Skirouled!

Default Crank Starting 50 Pickup

Hey guys, this is my first post here, so I'll give a little background info first. I'm Jeff from Duluth MN and I've got a 1950 ford F3 pickup that is currently my daily driver/ work truck. It's still the 6v pos ground electrical system, but my battery doesn't hold a charge very well. The generator does charge, but it's not doing me much good since the battery is junk. Normally I'd just bite the bullet and buy a new battery, but I'd really like to convert the truck to a 12v system within the next month or two. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I'm really trying to save up to do the conversion. In the mean time, I'd like to get a hand crank and start it by hand. I noticed there is a hole in the grill for a crank, but I don't have a crank. The only cranks I've found for sale online are for the Ford 8n/9n/2n tractors. I'm going to assume that these aren't going to work with my truck. Oh, and the truck has the v8, just to be clear. Not sure if it makes a difference. So, do any of you have some input on cranks, or perhaps know where I could get a crank that'll work for my truck? It has also crossed my mind that I could try to make my own crank. If you've made it all the way through this novel of a post, thank you!
Skirouled! is offline   Reply With Quote