Thread: Drake Sale:
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #29
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Neal, keep it up you do great work and sell excellent products! You at least have a grasp and experience with the struggles at hand unlike others.

I have to not blame drake for his process.. Many of his parts likely cost him $50,000 plus to meet the initial order amount and the cost of tooling. I sure as heck like him would want to insure some of the products are needed before committing. If a person were in it for nothing more than money they would be better off making cell phone cases over Early Ford Parts. Most suppliers have a passion for this stuff and take huge financial risk to provide us with parts. The minimum order quantities for suppliers make it to where they will be sitting on these parts for years before getting their initial investment back in many cases.

Michael....I have to wholeheartedly agree with every word you say here. My beef, besides the frequent use of terms like "exact copy" or "authentic reproduction" when the parts AIN'T exactly the same, is the continued use of the phrase "on backorder" when in truth, it has NOT been re-ordered and may NEVER be ordered again. That phraseology keeps customers hanging-on when they might be better off going to plan "B". Just be honest and up-front with the customers.

You know Michael, you're a young grasshopper showing all the signs of ending-up as one of, if not "THE" preeminent old Ford parts suppliers, and possibly in the not too distant future. Your heart is obviously in it, you seem to know the business and the market pretty well, and you make it clear that you have a desire to take a personal interest in your customers' needs and satisfaction. Your ethic seems above reproach in everything that I have had the pleasure of hearing about you. I've NEVER heard of a complaint about you personally or your organization. A status to be proud of, for sure! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote