View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #116
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

Jerry, the motor was changed in 1978(found a note on back of enevolope in glove box), have the orginal 34 engine and transmission, will have to look again at fuel pump stand ( it was on the engine ) send me information on correct one, have the re-buildt model 48 carburetor "with out at the 48 logo" from Ken also, you will have to take up the fuel pump problem with Ken of Ct.,it is supposed to be the correct fuel pump. I have a replaced the 1947 fuel pumps on 47 cars and they have a glass bowl. Tank will accept the old fuel pickup and I have found with my 41 pickup that nothing will run long on rust or water. I did take steering column out to replace the upper and lower bushing so I can make a driver, "safe driver". Motor mounts are another question, the ones I installed are what is on the market, if I place the new ones beside the old ones, they do measure the same, and now the motor is setting correctly in front cross member. NOW for everyone reading this, I appreciate your reply Jerry, I take the message like you wrote it, just good V8 people looking at another V8 car. I will get car so soon I can get the car on road, I have not got to drop the car in gear yet and let it pull me along, just been pulled by my son and 4-wheeler to garage. Have several V8er's sending me information about 34's, now I hope you will be an additional source of information, thank you again and glad you posted reply, Bruce
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote