View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #45
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Rare '40 convertible restoration project

Hey Kube - really fun post (I know nothing about 40' Ford cars - except the engines). I have a 40 Merc Coupe - obviously a different beast all together. Mine is unrestored, but I have everything for it except an original 40 Merc engines. I'm not into stock engines, so that is not a concern for me. Like you, I think I have a big dose of OCD when it comes to how I work, my attention to minute details, things I obsess with, etc.. In truth, sometimes it is the most minute detail of something that captures my interest the most. LOL!

I think I enjoy the research, problem solving and work more than the driving. But, I must say that starting a new high-performance flathead for the first time - is always Christmas for me! The long work that goes into the build, getting ready for the first fire, the anticipation, the anxiety, etc -- it brings me back to being a 15 year old kid when I fired up my first 286 cube flathead. Funny how we just love the details of building things . . . but when they're done, we really want to just do it again . . .

Great work and thanks for sharing!
B&S

Here is the 41-42 Merc Engine for my 32 - another '6 month' engine build that took 2 years!
IMG_1372 copy.jpg
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote