View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
fordman67

Default Re: '26 and '21 getting ready for spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The Arkansaw Rec Hall was an actual place that existed in Arkansaw Wisconsin. And yes the name of the town was spelled with a w instead of an s. It's really close to or even a part of Durand Wisconsin. Though the Rec Hall is gone and the original people that owned it have passed I was able to contact their daughter. She's living where I grew up in Grand Rapids MN. For the last several years that her Dad was alive he dealt with dementia so her husband drove the car around in parades until the mother died and the T was sold to a Bob Peterson in Southern Minnesota. Every year they have a car show in Grand Rapids and I'm hoping to get it up there in the future so they can see it again and maybe he'll get to drive it. Then at some point I'd like to take it to Arkansaw and enter it in their parade again. But all that is going to have to happen after I get into a little better shape. I guess the name was put on in the '50s or '60s. There's no way I'll ever take it off. As a matter of fact I plan on only working on the running gear and putting some better seats in it. And that's it. From that point on it's all about maintenance. I really like my touring and it has a wonderful history but the sedan, for some reason, feels closer to my heart and I think it's because of the lettering on the door and the story that goes with it. I like to tell people that the rec hall is one of those places that Dillinger, Baby Face and Capone frequented. That's why I want to get a replica of a Tommy Gun or a BAR or something to put in the back seat.
Mike,That is awesome! you just cant beat that.I wish I knew the history of mine.When i removed the interior of mine i found an old for sale sign.i have tried calling the number but always get a machine.I would ask about the history if someone would answer the phone.
I wonder if there is any way to search on other than dmv to see where the ol gal has been registered?
Aaron
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote