View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #10
Jim/GA

Default Re: Modification to idle circuit in Zenith A and B carburetors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Thanks, but I see it resists gasoline but is not gasoline proof.

The reason I asked is I have a Marvel Shebler carby that insists on weeping out the gasket between the upper and lower sections. Thought I might try some sort of sealer, but I don't think a gas resistant sealer would do the job. The gasket surfaces are flat now after I filed them but were warped before.

Thanks.
I don't know gas proof vs. gas resistant. I know it's hard to clean it off of my tools when it gets on them. I have to use spray brake cleaner solvent on a rag.

To quote a TV commercial for hot sauce "I use that s#!t on everything!".

I have not had anything that I used it on leak after applying a thin coating of Hylomar AF. Many of those applications are fully submerged in gasoline, oil, antifreeze, etc.

It is great inside the radiator hoses to help slip them on and to help keep them from weeping (without having to go crazy tight on the hose clamp). They also come off easier later, because it never hardens.

I have not used it on the carb body gasket, but I am sure that if I did, that carb would not weep. I use it on all the other gaskets on the carbs. I hate gas dripping off of the drain plug of a carb (the lowest point). Flattening the warped gasket surfaces true again is certainly important.

Last edited by Jim/GA; 10-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote