View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
bobbader

Default Re: Modification to idle circuit in Zenith A and B carburetors

I've rebuilt many Zenith carburetors and am always wary of "leaks" in and around all of the jets. I have to say, this area has never "to my knowledge" been a problem. Gaskets (on jets that call for them), length of jets, cracked jet tubes are always things to be concerned with. Air leakage around this "designed in" seal function on the idle jet ?????????? I would think that idle adjustments would be affected far more by a good set of flow tested and properly sized jet orifices and that this would far overtake a need for concern over whether the idle jet mating tapers would be cause for concern. Then, understanding and tweaking the sizing of corresponding jets and "playing with" those sizes would be a far better practice to super tuning the carburetor. I understand many of us want that idle so low that we can "count off" the cylinders as they fire. Taken into overall considerations of how to make that happen, air leakage at the idle jet mount would seem at the bottom of those considerations. And, don't forget, overall condition of the engine will also affect how well any carburetor will adjust and function.

This is just my experience talking. "Individual results may vary".

Happy "A"ing. Bob Bader
bobbader is offline   Reply With Quote