View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 31 Mail truck on modern chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild4679 View Post
I would like to build a wood bodied truck to appear like the '31 Mail truck and use it for our business. It would have the '31 cowl, hood, radiator, front fenders, headlights, running boards, etc. To make it reliable and safe for employees to drive, I would like a more modern chassis and running gear.

I'd like suggestions on what frame, running gear, suspension, etc to start building the vehicle.

This is a pretty broad statement really. How accurate or authentic do you want it to be? What kind of budget do you have? Neither the S10 nor the Ranger chassis has the engine located in the proper relationship to the front axle. Therefore they always look awful IMHO.

The next issue is many (i.e.: most) "employees" these days cannot drive a vehicle that is a manual-shift or non fuel-injected, and most would need to be power steering & brake equipped. Also, most are likely going to want air conditioning to be happy in a closed vehicle. So where does this leave you?

Personally I would suggest you go find a street rodded Tudor that has already been built and remove everything from the Windshield posts rearward to build your faux postal body onto if you are wanting something that has any sort of a ROI when you are finished.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote