View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:46 AM   #20
hardtimes

Default Re: Newer engine internals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Greg View Post
The deal is, I opted for a full touring long block rebuild with a counterbalanced crank. All the internals where replaced because if my parts were to be reused, Rich could not offer a warranty. He found some other sketchy things, like loose valve seats and the block had not been decked properly. I figured if I was that deep, it would be foolish not to go all in for the piece of mind and warranted work. I have no excuse for the other guy I previously hired, except you get what you pay for. Tough lesson for sure, but I can make more money tomorrow.

Thanks Greg for explanation of situation ! Makes great sense too.
Man, I see red when hearing of what was done to you ! Some that I've seen done like that do not have the money coming tomorrow. I'm glad that you can look at it that way also, as peace of mind is priceless, IMV !
IT has happened to me once years back. Some of these so called builders have no principles. There is one in this area. I have seen more than one of his 'products' under friends work benches. They are reminders...both V8 flathead and A and B engines !

Maybe a good question for discussion here...is just how do you go about getting a GOOD warranty set forth...before work is begun. Probably need a lawyer, eh !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote