Thread: Your Model A
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #20
Malcolm Robertson

Default Re: Your Model A

In about 1949 my brother (then 14 or so) spotted this old Model A in a vacant lot.....tires flat, one window rolled down in both summer and winter. He had about $50.00 in cash and after walking by the Model A for a couple of weeks got the courage to knock on the house door and ask the man if he was interested in selling the Model A. The man said "God Kid if you will haul it away I'll give it to you". You can't believe how fast that car was pushed out of the vacant lot and pushed about a mile to our house and three days later it fired up and was running. He drive it for the next two years then upgraded to a Chev (of all thing) and I inherited the Model A and all the love and work of having it. I drove it for about 4 years then moved on but the love and joy of the Model A still stayed with me. Fifteen years ago I purchased the 1931 Coupe that I still proudly drive getting lots of thumbs up and smiles. Whenever its parked people ask if its ok to take pictures of their kids standing by it....I always say put them in the drivers seat and show them how to honk the aghooa horn

Malcolm
Malcolm Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote