Thread: Your Model A
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #11
racingrufus

Default Re: Your Model A

I received my first Model A in 1963 when I was 14 years old. It was a 1930 4 door sedan with a lot of wood rot and rust in it. My Dad and I worked on it together. We kept the front with cowl and windshield with visor and sprayed it with red primer. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies. I found a coupe body and a pair of rear fenders for it and we pieced it together. We got the engine running and I drove it to high school. The Model A that I have now is a 1929 Special Coupe that is in my avatar. This car was a true barn find. My wife and I were coming out of Costco 5 years ago when a man ask us about a car we were driving. I told him that I liked it but I liked antique cars and my first car was a Model A Ford. He gave me a ladies name and phone number that had an A for sale. I called the lady and she said her husband had died 3 years before and she wanted to sell the car. My wife and I made the 70 mile trip to see the car and it looked as it does in my avatar except it had one half inch of dust on it, but it would not run. I would deal with the lady for a month before I felt comfortable with the price and purchased it. I got it home and got it running and we drove it for a year and a half when engine went out. I pulled the engine and had it built. We drove another year and rear end had to rebuilt. We have been driving it for two years now and have enjoyed it.
racingrufus is offline   Reply With Quote