View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #20
Chevmn56

Default Re: 1930 Sport Coupe at auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
then dont! haha some people just like to tinker and drive for awhile then part ways to a good home to make room for the next tinker project. Id love to have a tudor thats got old paint just an OK interior small dents , surface rust, etc and drive it as is BUT currently no room haha.
Hey Slug thats what my tudor is from a distance its awesome up close its defiantly not perfect. When i drive it and people are gawking and giving me thumbs up it makes fill like a high school kid again!!!!! even had a 89 yr old grandma ask me to give her a ride around the parking lot at the grocery store.....she grinned from ear to ear the whole ride. Made me wonder what memories she had flashing back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
This 30 sport coupe could sell for a stupid amount of money, or not. Hard to say. This spring watched a 29 cabriolet sell on a local auction for $6400. Old restoration, but the car was severely vandalized. Someone had stolen the doors, hood, front fenders, front bumper, radiator. Why? Don't know, but where do you find cabriolet doors? I thought $6400 was crazy high for about 2/3 of a cabriolet. Compared to the cabriolet, this intact, solid sport coupe is gonna look real good to bidders.
This is what i am worried about even if i did flip it ( to a good home.None hot rodder) i dont think i could brake even unless in another auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
A fella in our club has a very, very nicely restored 1930 Sport Coupe for sale for $14,500. You could put $10,000 into that auction car and still not be where this member's car is, quality and finish-wise. There are still lots of Model A's out there; you can't save them all (unless you're rich). The hot rodder may not win it. I'd walk away from the auction car.

But let us know what happens!
Roger that i will.............send me some pics of the Coupe thats for sale...if you dont mind!!!!!! [email protected]
Chevmn56 is offline   Reply With Quote