Thread: paint $$
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: paint $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
I work on an A from time to time that was painted by time and materials. What was unusual was that the shop owner agreed to let the car owner watch all he wanted.The whole shop knew the old man well and didn't care if he watched.The owners back office had a window looking into the shop and the owner spent a lot of time there watching.The tech liked him there.The owner got to make every decision every time something unexpected came up. He felt for every dollar he spent he got value.He spent a lot of money,and he had to let some stuff slide until later when he could come up with more money.

Actually this is fairly common around my place. We allow customers to come work beside our guys, and all they do is sign a hold-harmless agreement. There have been several Fordbarners that have spent time working on their projects here. Actually, its' kinda fun to have them here and working. I hope Gordon, Ray, and others pipe-in about this.

And, we even have a 320 square foot guest quarters (pictured below) that we allow our customers and their spouses to stay in which has a king-sized bed, a full bathroom, a lounge area with couch that makes a bed, a TV, cable, Wi-Fi, and even access to a break-room with a full kitchen if they want to eat here. This guest room probably averages getting used one week out of a month. Then there are those like Will C. that comes but just stay in their motorhome and we run a cord in the parking lot for him/them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6784.jpg (41.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6786.jpg (50.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6788.jpg (28.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6785.jpg (41.0 KB, 33 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 10-10-2017 at 02:29 PM.
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote