View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #6
Bill G

Default Re: OT-Seattle vacation to do's

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Needs View Post
What about that fish market where they Chuck the fish at each other.
I went to pioneer square and asked someone about those shops below the street level, he said don't bother it stinks down there.
Nice fish restaurants on the many peirs.
That's the fish market at the main entrance to the Pike St. Market. They do throw the fish and it is pretty fun to watch. Does smell like fish, but what open air fish market doesn't? The rest of Pike St Market is pretty large and you can get all kinds of t-shirts, gifts, mugs, jewelry starving-artist art and much more. Some things are worth the money and some things are just trinkets.

Space Needle is definitely worth going. I hear they recently installed a glass floor. (Read $$ Pricey) They certainly didn't have that in 1962. The museum of flight at Boeing Field is a must-see thing too. If you have any interest in telephony, the Museum of Communications (an old telephone company switching office) is still operable and right near the museum of flight.

I don't think the old-town underground tour would be anything more than a come-on.

The science center (at the base of the space needle) is a great thing to see.

Fremont district is a whole area of artistic creativity and some starving artists. Lots of "different" stuff. A sign coming into Fremont says something like "Welcome to Fremont, the center of the Universe, Please set your watches back 5 minutes"

Seattle is a great place for everything except traffic. You have the main North/South freeway system (I-5) and its various feeders and I-90. Because of the Puget Sound on one side, Lake Union in the middle and Lake Washington separating, you have a snarled traffic system. From as far south as Olympia then North to nearly the Canadian border, you have non-stop freeways and traffic.

Still a great place to visit!
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote