Thread: Coolant???
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 12:43 PM   #6
JayJay

Default Re: Coolant???

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
Their instructions state, "it is generally better not to use antifreeze, it seems to foam easily and blow out of the radiator making a mess everywhere."

... I don't know what their problem was, but antifreeze certainly wasn't causing it. I'd ignore this particular gem.
I saw that as well when I installed my VP thermostat housing. Couldn't understand just what that meant, as cars have been running antifreeze for years. So I use antifreeze and the 165 thermostat that VP supplied.

BTW, hats off to VP for excellent customer service. The VP operation is apparently a side to the company's main business, which seems to be heavy fabrication and machining in support of the many oil refineries in the communities surrounding Benicia, CA which is where they're located.

There is one guy (Casey) who "is" Vintage Precision, and he fabricates parts when he can get time on one or more of the machines. (I got the impression talking to him that his dad owns the parent company, and I think the person who answers the telephone is also part of the family). So he doesn't always have stock. I ordered my housing, and it came in, and only then did I realize that I should have also ordered the special $5 spacer they offer to stand off the sensor for my temperature gauge. No problem, a phone call, some mea culpas and I had it in two days, and no shipping charge for the separate mailing (they just popped it into an envelope and sent it out). A truly class act all the way around.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote