Thread: Tudor Value
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 06:34 AM   #9
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Tudor Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
6-7k is a bargain

I am not going to argue or disagree with this, -however I'm not sure I would agree to that value either. There is WAY too much/many unknowns to make a statement like that based on my experience with similar cars.

For sake of pondering, let's just assume the engine is out of shims in the bottom end and needs to be rebuilt. How about the brakes, -are they as worn as the headliner? Maybe the steering gearbox and steering arms are worn with a lot of 'play'? Where we at on tires & tube? Are they hard as Chinese Arithmatic and will need to be replaced soon? What about the glass, ...is it all safety glass?? How much else do we not know about?

For a typical home hobbyist that needs to do all of the items above on a car, there is an easy $10k plus in parts PLUS probably 6 months of nights and weekends. There will be more expenses and labor by the time the headliner, headlights, shocks, exhaust, etc is added. To me I would need to physically inspect the car because in my mind, this a typical car needing a full restoration to reliably Start, Stop, & Steer.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote