View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
hardtimes

Default Re: buying a car long distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
Thanks for all the replies. It makes me less excited to buy the car, which is 3000 miles away. I should probably look for one locally.
I just purchased (6 wks ago) an old car from long distance. Never have done business this way..not having seen the involved car in person. Never would again! Since you are a fellow barner, I've decided to answer your question , in an effort to help you!
NEVER purchase long distance without examining the vehicle up close/personal OR having another , whom you trust(mechanic/club member)do the job for you!
I used ALL of the suggestions given, except examining the car myself. The seller and his wife are, in fact, very wealthy...but unfortunately for me..are without principals/ethics/morals , when taking anothers money is concerned. In MOST cases YOU will regret not seeing the vehicle prior to purchasing.
NO vehicle is worth the hassle/stress that you cause yourself/family when making such a large expenditure ..sight unseen/long distance. You may follow every one of the good pieces of advice given here, but only have to make ONE mistake...that's the one I made. Good luck in your quest/decision
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote