View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
329s

Default Re: Everyone should own a copy of the Model A Service Bulletins

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank55a View Post
MARC did publish a full size reprint of the Service Bulletins. MARC's publication was sold in a 3 ring binder, which had embossed covers looked similar to the original SB covers. MARC's copy was a good quality reprint and available from 1997 until a few years ago. I do not know of any plans to reprint this copy.

The Ford Motor Company had 35 Branch Offices in the US during the Model A era. The Service Letters (also known as 'Assembly Change Letters'), from 3 of these branch offices are available still available from MARC. However, when the supply runs out, I am not aware of any plans for additional reprinting. Since changes happened so quickly during the Model A era, the Service Bulletins many times followed changes by several weeks. The Service Letters from the Branches (Assembly Plants) supplemented the Service Bulletins and in many cases contained more detail. The service Letters were technical letters to the dealers, and advised the dealer of any and all changes in assembling the Model A and AA. They were also published more frequently than once a month so they contained more up to date information for the Dealers. For example, the 1928 Fargo, ND Service Letters contain about as many pages as the full set of the Service Bulletins.

The Service Bulletins are a great reference document and every Model Aer should have a copy. Likewise, the Service Letters contain a lot of information that is not in the Bulletins. I also strongly suggest that every Model Aer purchase a copy of Steve Plucker's Comprehensive Index which covers the Service Bulletins and the 3 sets of the Service letters that are available.
I would like to see a reprint of all the Fordson/Dearborn Service Letters if there is such a thing. And as Vince says...New York, Louisville and any others that are out there.

By the way...are there others floating around????

Pluck

Last edited by 329s; 07-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.
329s is offline   Reply With Quote