Thread: Headliner
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #13
Kube

Default Re: Headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 truck View Post
Kube, that's a good question, when I got my truck it had been parked since 1966. I have knowledge of its history since new, first purchased for a local grocery, then repurposed for Coke a Cola, then parked. It could have had a headliner added in the forties or fifties I suppose but the windlass with the attachment nails and cardboard under the metal trim led me to believe original. You probably know better than I.
No, I probably don't know better. Trucks are still kind of a "foreign object" to me in many ways.
I'm eager to hear from folks that have researched these for a definitive answer.
During my research of 1940 half ton trucks, I'd found that "early" production had NO headliner. Later production did.
I'd also uncovered some evidence that the early models could have been fit with a headliner for an additional fee.
Apparently the headliner was so popular, Ford simply began to install it in all half ton pickups right at the assembly line.
How this relates to earlier model years and for that matter later models, I have no documentation to prove one way or another...