View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #39
DRG-ler

Default Re: Solution for audio system in model A?

Quote:
Consider multiple speakers - 4 @ 4 "speakers have the same area as one 8", ...
Quote:
4 4 "speakers may have the same membrane area as 1 8", ...
So folks ... NOW but !!! Mathematics is not your strong point here! an 8 "woofer has the FOUR FOLD membrane surface of a 4" woofer !!!

But be it ... I could actually hide an 8 "woofer on the left and right in the rear side panel. That would give me a mathematical membrane area slightly smaller than a 12" woofer. And I think with 8 "speakers the selection, the frequency range and the efficiency is significantly better than with 4" speakers.

@ bavArian ...
I definitely won't have headphones. I want a car hifi solution, nothing for jogging ...

Quote:
I placed front speakers in the front cowl panels of our '29 Town Sedan and then placed a "pocket cover / flap" over them so that when I was not using the bluetooth, I could close the flaps and at least create the impression that these were "map pockets", ...
Also a very nice idea!

Quote:
... and then run the fabric from the side panel over the whole panel to include the speakers.
That was indeed my plan. I don't want to see speakers later.

OffTopic:
I personally do not need heated seats. In winter I don't really want to drive over salted roads. I could also imagine that the heating mats do not last long due to the springs in the upholstery.

Greetings Andy
DRG-ler is offline   Reply With Quote