View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #33
DRG-ler

Default Re: Solution for audio system in model A?

Quote:
That's why i wanted to put the sub 'in a truck box. Room in it for a couple of 12 volt batteries that can be charged at home.
Yes, the idea has already been mentioned, is correct, but I don't really like it. I do not want any additional batteries that I have to charge at home. Which are always empty when it is the least convenient, and then possibly still be deeply discharged and damaged. No, the system should be able to be operated from on-board equipment as far as possible, and it should be possible to simply switch it off using the main switch on the battery.
The original battery sits under the floorboard where the driver has his feet. This is the point in the car that is most frequently entered. I don't think installing a loudspeaker there is optimal.

@ bavArian, greetings first to Bavaria! (If I take that from the nickname correctly ...)

The first thing I would be interested in is which amplifier you were thinking of. I hadn't found a small four-channel with DSP. I already had a Mosconi Pico II on the screen, but even this one uses too much power. My voltage converter only manages 80W continuous load, 130W peak.
I would also like to use the two-way front, but I don't like the tweeters on the Dashrail. These are too obvious there. They don't stand out so much above the windscreen, I think.

You write, "a small kickwoofer in a closed box under the A-pillar". Uh, did you take off the footwell panel? I can only reach a construction height of 4.5 cm there. Since I'm already on the sheet metal. If I now screw an MDF multiplex board onto it, I might reach 6.5 cm. I have to look for an extremely flat speaker set. In my view, there is no way of thinking of a housing where you could still install it. I rather think that you even have to find a loudspeaker here that has a very hard suspension so that it is not damaged in "free-air mode". I just looked at the Peerless, but I have too little idea about it to rate it. So I have to read further and acquire further knowledge.
50-60Hz is "actually" not enough for me. As a fan of trance and techno, you also want to feel lower frequencies.

Fortunately, as far as the generator is concerned, I already have an alternator ... with 78 amps. Unfortunately, my previous owner did not make a 12V conversion, so I now have to live with 6V. Current without end, but voltage, ... well.

But I was just outside again ... Because my rear side panel is currently removed, I could see that there is another 20x30cm space under the window crank under the window, installation depth about 9cm. There would be room for an 8 "woofer. But again not without problems. Again, it is not easy to build a housing. Free air would be better here. And, ... even if you don't drive such cars in the rain , but at least when washing the car, all the water that runs down the window drips onto the speaker, not ideal.
Is there actually a window seal? I think I'm going to open a new topic.

Thanks bettlesr for the picture.

Greetings Andy
DRG-ler is offline   Reply With Quote