View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #12
Synchro909

Default Re: Repop Ammeter Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
You know it when you find an original. The movement is very sensitive on them. Move the body just a little it and the needle really moves. I'm just surprised than of all the cheap crap replicas over the years, no one thought about going that step further and having them made correctly by a company with the capability to make a decent product.
Motorwrench, please don't take this as criticism.
Everybody seems to blame those who make this rubbish but I think the problem is as much with the owners of these cars and the vendors who accept it and do not insist on a quality item when they order it and don't check it when it arrives. If a vendor was serious about quality (and therefore their own reputation) and they deal directly with the manufacturer, they would word their contract with detailed specifications and so that products that don't meet specs will be returned at the maker's expense. They will soon perform.
That said, there is also some responsibility for the situation that comes to us. If we keep buying junk, the vendors will keep selling it. It is only when a vendor's profits are affected that they will improve - remember those crappy tubes we all had a few years ago. One vendor saw the opportunity and had them made properly and no doubt did very well out of it. The other vendors were stuck with the junk but soon also had good tubes. Had we kept buying the junk, they would still be selling it.
I'm not a fan of the Chinese manufacturers and their Chinglish instructions but they make to a price. If we want quality, we will have to pay for it. Too many of us are so short sighted that we don't see good quality is still there long after the price is forgotten.
I'll get down off ny soapbox now!