Thread: Y-block trips.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #1
reddog565

Default Y-block trips.

Hi guys! I know I posted this before, but I'm back to having some issues with my trip set up.the issue I've been having all along is I have to run with the choke about halfway closed. My center carb has a manual choke with a power valve. The two outer ones are just there to supply fuel! No power valves, no idle mixture screws. I had the two outer ones redone by the guy in Vero Beach. He did a good job. But, I'm still having the issue of having to run the choke about halfway closed. If I don't do that it will stumble and won't accelerate. I'm almost positive I have no vacuum leaks! So in essence, since I have to run the choke about halfway closed it means I have to give it more fuel.I have a pressure regulator I've read it all the way down to two pounds and all the way up to seven pounds. Right now it's set at about 3 lb. So what's everyone's thought about why I have to continually run the choke? I have about 20 pounds of vacuum at idle !As always, I appreciate the feedback from you guys you all are very intelligent.
Thanks..
reddog565 is offline   Reply With Quote