View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #5
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor body wood question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100IH View Post
You see the nail holes? that's where the headliner is streched and tacked to. The interior kits will give more complete answers. That area is really a dead air space. Crude is of no consequence.
Thanks for your reply---

Please see photos attached as I have more questions.

BTW I have read the LB instruction sheets several times and I do not find that they "give more complete answers"!

The one photo shows the two nail hole lines and how I thought they were used. Since I did not remove the original headliner I have no way of knowing how everything was attached. Is my thinking correct?

The next photo shows the passenger side header panel and how it fits to the wood header. This cardboard panel is new from LB (I purchased the complete set of cardboard panels) This new cardboard panel matched up with the old panel (I was given most of the old interior panels --but they were all in a pile and not still attached to the car).

As I understand the installation of the headliner and other interior panels, the headliner fabric is attached to the wooden side headers in such a way that when the side cardboard panels are installed they pull the headliner material taut. In order for this to happen the cardboard panel will need to be nailed up along the top line of the panel.

With that in mind my thoughts about photo #1 are correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nail lines.jpg (65.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg side header panel.jpg (68.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg drivers side header panel.jpg (76.2 KB, 27 views)