View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Adjusting Camber, looking for a shop in Connecticut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bursonaw View Post
I had just checked the alignment on my 36 Ford. I’m running a 4” dropped axle, the total Camber measured at negative 1 degrees. The Ford specks are 0 to 1 degree positive.

My choices to correct the camber are.
1. Remove the axle and send it out for adjustment.
2. Find a local shop that will cold bend the axle on the car. A common procedure many years ago, however after many calls, it seams to be a lost art. I did call some diesel truck shops but I was told that the alignment rack is to big for my car.

Before I go with option 1, Does anyone know a shop in New England that can cold bend an axle on the car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Superior Spring has always been able to do the bending of front axles. Heck they did my Deuce roadster front axle. I would go to their shop and talk to them in person I bet you will get them to do it without any trouble at all.
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)