View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #17
dean from bozeman

Default Re: The Gettysburg FINE POINT Score

'Not to be 'snarky' but most hotels don't have an arena on their property. French Lick had the closest enclosed building with all other Meets the 'show room' being off location.'

Jim, I don't think that you were snarky. My point being that somehow we should have the ability for folks to see these wonderful Model A's.

I think that the Gettysburg folks did a great job to have that tent out in front of the host hotel. However, also having the fine point vehicles at the grand Tour picnic is a great idea. Having the viewing hours increased by splitting the judging is another idea. There are many reasons that it is difficult to see the fine point cars. For example at the Dallas world meet the cars had to pull out of the judging area right after judging because the space was going to be used for a wedding. However, during that meet several folks put their fine point cars on display in the parking lot at a hotel across the street from the host hotel.

The point being, we can come up with many reasons why not. Let's think out of the box to find a way how to. At the Dallas meet Enrique Klein, Dave Lopes, Marco Tahtaras, Gary Karr, and others said let's find a way to do this even though the meet cannot. Interestingly enough this is the meet where Mark and Val Maron saw these cars and gave them encouragement to do their Roadster to that level. Eventually their Roadster earned a Henry and has been a Best of Show.

I applaud all who plan and host these meets. To request more showing time for fine point is not to detract from what they've done but is merely a suggestion for those who plan meets in the future.

To others I say that a great way to see the vehicles is to volunteer to be a judge. Each area has a team that judges each specific area. Each team needs someone to record the points and comments on the tally sheet. Each team has a leader or two who are experts. They explain what is good and what needs to be improved. The group then does a consensus to arrive at the points earned. There is learning at each step along the way. Anyone who is contemplating a restoration or just wants to learn has this great opportunity. Get involved. Volunteer.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote