View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #12
WHN

Default Re: Boy am I glad I am into model A's!

Model A Ford’s are great fun cars for a certain type of person. This is most likely true for every collectible category.

There is a good market world wide for mechanically sound, nice looking, good running, cars. Twenty footers.

Remember! There is an ass for every seat. The problem is the seat has to be priced correctly and be able to work for the ass.

Most Model A’s have been owned by many different people over there life. Service history is poor at best. There are also a number that have had modifications done that please the present owner but might not make them worth more to a buyer.

I have seen a number of Model A’s for sale at prices that don’t make any sense for any number of reasons. Condition and correctness usually being the first ones.

Some of us just have to realize that if we own a car that has a common body style, was restored 30 years ago, is painted a strange color, has a worn out front end and brakes, no shocks, old springs, 25 year old tires, worn interior, and the engine looks like a rusty mess.

“It might not be a $15,000.00 car”, it for sure will not be a $18,000.00 car. $6,000.00-$8,000.00? Who knows.

I love these cars and have owned one since I was twelve years old. They are great fun cars.

Enjoy yours for what it is. When and if you have to sell, be realistic to the cars condition.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote